Sunday 19 March 2017

Mr Rixons Avalon open

Back down to Somerset today to fish this lovely venue. Had a good brekkie at Landsend on the way down before arriving in plenty of time. Into the draw and out comes 23. Corner peg , bottom left hand bank. Got to the peg and found a really stuff breeze, but it was coming across my right shoulder. Not too much to say as I struggled today. The gusty winds was playing havoc. I trashed 4 rigs along the end bank, and even had my elastic stuck in the tree twice as the wind put my pole into the bank several times. Couldn't catch any decent silvers so concentrated on a 16m line next to a hay bale in the water as this was the only ace I could get bites. I tried several places along the bank but there was lots of rubbish pushing around in the tow and the submerged reeds made it very difficult to get a rig through. The 16m line was clear of reeds so I stuck to it. Had 6 carp and a good tench, but lost 7. Torettes flying  freely again today. Gotta admit I think I stuffed up by not fishing a silvers line  enough today as when I did I only caught blippy roach on maggot or caster, when most caught on pellet, and concentrating too much on the carp. But I don't know alot about this venue and I've only fished it in good summer weather. At the end I had 29-5, which wasn't a good weight today. Ah well it's a learning game this angling lark. Weight sheet below.

No comments:

Post a Comment