Sunday 26 June 2016

Acorn fishery Saturday open

Off to Acorn fishery today for the fortnightly open. After tucking into a very tasty breakfast it was a quick wonder around a few of the pegs before the draw. 9 fishing today and after a redraw because Mark Walsh forget one of the ping pong balls in the bag I pulled out peg 36 on the end of the sheds. Not one I fancied but as decent weights were showing all over the lake anything could happen. A fare bit of gardening was needed as the far bank hadn't been cut for ages so I spent 15 minutes over on the island. For company today I had Andy France to my right on 34 and Darren Vowles on 38.
Three rigs today.
A .1 shalla slim to fish the two spots I had cleared tight over with 8mm over 6's. This rig would also do to fish my left hand margin.
A .4 slim to fish 2+2 with 8mm over 6's.
And a .3 diamond d to fish in front the two pellets left and right but that rig never got touched.
Fed all lines and went straight over to the island. Second drop of the bait and the first carp was on and netted. Fish were obviously in a feeding mood as Darren and Andy were straight into fish. Darren catching on the bomb and Andy on long pole across to the island. To keep it short I stayed on the long pole fof the first 5 hours taking fish steadily. The right hand side was the most productive. I did try the 2+2 line but that produced nothing. The last hour I went to my left margin were I took 12 carp on 8mm. For a change I used my clicker today and was guessing I had put around 150lb in the net.i was very close as I managed 154-3 for second on the day being Gabe Scarba who had 184-14 on peg 16 on soft pellet over groundbait. Overall it fished realy well with 6 weights over the ton mark.

1st, Gabe Scarba peg 16, 184-14
2nd me peg 36, 154-3
3rd Mark Walsh peg 9, 122-3
4th Chris Cottrell peg11, 118-4

No comments:

Post a Comment